- John Bennett: The extraordinary life of German goalkeeper Lutz Pfannenstiel
- He was locked up in a Singapore prison, he was declared dead on the pitch, he was signed by 25 clubs in 13 countries and he is still the only professional to have played in all six of Fifa's confederations.
- Miguel Delaney: Dispelling the early season 'truths'
- Spurs, for example, haven't just gone off form; they've almost collapsed, earning a full point per game less. As it stands, that is one of the worst drop-offs in league history. Liverpool, meanwhile, aren't far behind. Remarkably, it's Fulham who are the most upwardly mobile - and most underappreciated - risers.
- The Secret Footballer: Moneyball works better at Stoke than Liverpool
- Stoke City's style is the most rudimentary example of soccernomics on a football pitch. Each full-back generally looks for Peter Crouch on an angle (final third entry) and, in turn, the striker will attempt to cushion the ball down into the penalty area (penalty box entry) for his partner or a midfield runner. It goes almost without saying that the higher these two statistics are over a season, the more likely Stoke are to end up with a shot on goal.
- Ryan Bailey: Peter Crouch probably doesn’t play a lot of golf
- It was the England Foundation Charity Golf Day today, which gave Peter Crouch the perfect opportunity to show how ridiculous he looks holding a driver.
On Arsenal and Arsène Wenger:
- Jonathan Wilson: "Wenger and Arsenal's decline due to idealism or fundamentalism?"
- Michael Cox: "Arsenal's flaws exposed as Sunderland stump opposition with hybrid approach"
- Matt Scott: "Arsène Wenger has only £55 million to spend this summer to strengthen Arsenal's underperforming squad"
On Chelsea and André Villas-Boas:
- Gabriele Marcotti: "Collapse of a Coaching Wunderkind"
- Sam Wallace: "Villas-Boas is so right to put the boot into dressing room"
- Dominic Fifield: "Roman Abramovich is backing my Chelsea project, says André Villas-Boas"
- Tim Nash: "Mick McCarthy’s sacking can be traced back to the summer transfer window as the owner’s faith began to waver"
- Andy Hunter: "Liverpool and Luis Suárez 'critically undermined' anti-racism efforts"
- Part 2 of an interview with David Sullivan, joint-chairman of West Ham United, on Scott Parker, Matthew Upson, and Ravel Morrison
- Part 6 of an interview with David Sullivan, joint-chairman of West Ham United, on the club's financial state
- John Carlin: "The tragedy of Fernando Torres"
- Brad Plumer: "How soccer brings Wall Street to a grinding halt"
- Part I of an interview with David Sullivan, joint-chairman of West Ham United, on relegation, Avram Grant, and Demba Ba
- Alex Duff and Lucia Baldomir: "FIFA Probes $56 Million Uruguay Trades for Soccer Stars Who Don’t Show Up"
- "TTFF claims Jack Warner controlled account holding missing Haiti funds"
- Leigh Montville's 1993 article in Sports Illustrated on the tragic plane crash that killed almost the entire Zambian national team
- Jonathan Wilson on Zambia's remarkable victory to win the Africa Cup of Nations
- Michael Cox of Zonal Marking breaks down the tactics from the Zambia-Côte d'Ivoire Cup of Nations final
- Simon Kuper on racism in English football as well as elsewhere in Europe